What is perfSONAR?
The perfSONAR toolkit provides the following tools:
- iperf3: used to measure TCP/UDP throughput (performance across a network)
- one-way ping (owamp + owping client): used to determine one-way latency and loss between hosts
- bwctl (daemon and scheduler for iperf3, owping, traceroute, etc.)
- NDT (network diagnostic tool): performance testing tool for end clients to/from the server
- supplementing ping, tracroute, tracepath, etc.
Additional features include:
For more info on tools see:
Where can I get it?
Who is using perfSONAR and who can I test to?